Growing Mindset: Sprouts Video


Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset Sprouts Video

  1. One thing this video confirmed for me already was how a open minded individual is better than a closed one. Having the ability to grow within oneself is so much better than being closed off to what you think you can only do.
  2. The one new thing that I really hadn't noticed before after doing the first Growth Mindset project was how nurture is better than nature. In the video he used the example of twins, one who had been adopted and the other who stayed with the biological parents. Just how nurturing the adopted one was better than automatically assessing the achievements of the one who stayed with biological parents based on their own success. 

One thing I am going to explore is my thought logic on receiving exam grades back. Usually if its not what I was shooting for I personally put myself down and get into a fixed mindset of "I'm just not that smart". However I need to change that and start thinking about how to grow from that lesson essentially.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Introduction of Me!! 

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: A Woman Who's Shape Was Stolen