Story Lab: TEDEd Videos: Language


Grammatical Lessons Over  Prescriptivists and Descriptivists by Andreea S. Calude

For this week I decided to do a Story Lab over language, grammar, and punctuation. This decision came to me after having completed and receiving revisions on my first story. One of my biggest corrections needed was that of grammar. How to word things and realizing I was switching tenses, were both problems I needed to correct. After watching the TEDEd videos, I have realized that language is continuously revolving and how complex grammar actually is! Seeing how languages have formed and stemmed essentially from each other is amazing. One thing about grammar that really caught me was realizing that the last time when I was taught grammar was years ago in middle school. Therefore it makes sense why I missed such things and also why colleges encourage the taking of an intensive writing course. The video I posted above, and ones similar, will definitely be one I reference when writing my next story for my storybook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Introduction of Me!! 

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: A Woman Who's Shape Was Stolen