Week 8 Reading and Writing

I picked the above picture because it was used for my very first  reading notes that led to my first story!

  • Overall, how well are the reading and writing assignments working for you? 

            ~Overall, I feel like the assignments themselves aren't bad. Just finding the time to actually sit down to do the work among my work for my other classes is hard. At first I didn't understand the concept behind doing the reading notes but it later made sense that they were for helping write that week's story.


  • Are you happy with your blog? With your project website?
             ~I am happy with my blog website. I will be doing some extra credit tech tips later in the following weeks to make some adjustments. I received a comment from a classmate (thank you!) that the post writing font is kind of hard to read, so I went and made some changes to the font and also the colors of the background and title font. As for my project website, I am excited to keep creating and see the finished product!

  • What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishment(s) in your writing for this class? 
             ~This might sound so corny but my biggest accomplishment for this class would be just the writing period. I honestly hate writing, so this class is definitely making me explore my writing abilities.

  • What has been your favorite reading so far?
             ~It's hard to say what my favorite reading has been thus far. Since we are given such a variety, I don't think that I can truly say I have a favorite. I have really liked some of the stories that others in the class have wrote! It's very cool to be able to read another perspective/interpretation of a story.

  •  Have you discovered any new reading/research strategies? 
             ~After reading another student's story in which they wrote from a background character's point-of-view and it really sparked my interest. I have used it a couple times of writing from an inconspicuous character's perspective. It gives me the opportunity to give the story details I felt were missing yet keep a story that is true to the original in a sense.

In closing, I feel like I am becoming more comfortable with my writing and just need to actually sit down and make more time to do the readings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Introduction of Me!! 

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: A Woman Who's Shape Was Stolen